Coimbatore: A Class XI student with a private home school at the foothills of Velliangiri was electrocuted at a residence at Anna Nagar West near Peelamedu here on Friday afternoon.
The Peelamedu police identified the deceased as Chigurpathi Mokshagna, 16, son of Naresh, of Gollapudi in Andhra Pradesh.
An investigation officer said Mokshagna was staying at the school hostel for the past one year.“The home school had sent Mokshagna and five other students to the National Model Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Kalloori Nagar near Peelamedu to perform yoga on the occasion of International Yoga Day on Friday.”
After the performance, the students went to a residence hosting yoga classes at Anna Nagar West around noon to have their lunch. “When they went to wash their hands, Mokshagna tried to open the valve of a motor pump and was electrocuted. He was rushed to a private hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead,” the officer said.
The boy’s body was subsequently sent to the ESI Medical College and Hospital at Varadharajapuram for postmortem. When alerted, Peelamedu police inspector Rajkumar held an inquiry and registered a case under Section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Police alerted the boy’s father, who came down to the city on Saturday morning along with the boy’s mother and accepted the body after the autopsy.
Meanwhile, the school administration said they were in touch with the grieving family, offering their heartfelt condolences and support.

We also published the following articles recently

Boy electrocuted trying to flee hostel
A first-year intermediate student at a corporate residential school in Telangana’s Hayathnagar died of electrocution while allegedly trying to escape from the hostel.